Following advice from the Government and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) with regards to ‘Lockdown II’ in the wake of Coronavirus, we now offer face-to-face and virtual neurological physiotherapy services.
During the first lockdown, we were able to treat many clients using Video Treatment Sessions to maintain their rehab and sustain progress. As restrictions were lifted, we returned to offering face-to-face treatment with our physiotherapists wearing full PPE (face masks, face shields, aprons, gloves and use of hand sanitiser). Now during the second national lockdown, we offer a range of full range of physio options depending on the client’s needs.
If clients wish to continue with face-to-face physio treatment, then we will refer to the thorough Client Risk Assessment we carried out for them at the end of the last lockdown to check it is still safe to provide this service.
The Client Risk Assessment includes consideration of:
- client vulnerability
- client ability to engage with remote sessions and home exercise programmes
- client’s home environment and social distancing options
- level of PPE required
- risk of deterioration without physiotherapy intervention
- ability to train support workers/relatives
If it is not safe or appropriate to treat a client face-to-face, even with full PPE, then we offer the following 3 options:
1. Video Treatment Session:
- This is a treatment session with verbal guidance from the physiotherapist via a video link
- Suitable for clients who do not require physical assistance/supervision or hands-on treatment
- If only general supervision is required to complete a session (so not close, direct supervision) then this could be provided by a support worker
- Clients can also consider the possibility of working in a lying or sitting position during this session if it removes the need for physical assistance, direct supervision or hands-on therapy
2. Providing a Home Exercise Programme:
- We can create a new Home Exercise Programme for clients as a Word of PDF document and email or post it to clients, support workers or relatives
- For example, the bespoke Home Exercise Programme could be an adapted home-based version of an exercise programme that clients may already do in the gym and which will help maintain important levels of activity and fitness.
3. Home Exercise Programme Education Session:
- We can offer a session via video link to work clients through a new Home Exercise Programme
- We can offer a session via video link to help clients work through an adapted Exercise Programme if required
If you are a current client, then please speak to your physio about your situation and discuss which is the best option for you at this time.
If you are making a new enquiry, please get in touch to discuss your physio rehab needs and treatment plan options.
For all enquiries, contact Physio Matters on 0161 681 6887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Physio Matters Neurological Ltd.