Following the Government’s advice with regards to Coronavirus and the need to reduce social contact to minimise the spread of Covid-19, we have taken the difficult decision to reduce our hands-on sessions with clients.
This means we are unable to provide our normal neurological physiotherapy service for the time being.
However, we are offering the following 4 remote options for our clients to choose from:
1. Video Treatment Session:
- This is a treatment session with verbal guidance from the physiotherapist via a video link
- Suitable for clients who do not require physical assistance/supervision or hands-on treatment
- If only general supervision is required to complete a session (so not close, direct supervision) then this could be provided by a support worker
- Clients can also consider the possibility of working in a lying or sitting position during this session if it removes the need for physical assistance, direct supervision or hands-on therapy
2. Providing a Home Exercise Programme:
- We can create a new Home Exercise Programme for clients as a Word of PDF document and email or post it to clients, support workers or relatives
- For example, the bespoke Home Exercise Programme could be an adapted home-based version of an exercise programme that clients may already do in the gym and which will help maintain important levels of activity and fitness.
3. Home Exercise Programme Education Session:
- We can offer a session via video link to work clients through a new Home Exercise Programme
- We can offer a session via video link to help clients work through an adapted Exercise Programme if required
4. Remote Review Session:
- We can contact clients via phone call or video call to check in with them if none of the above options are appropriate.
Our fantastic team of staff are currently working from home. If you are a current client, we will contact you to arrange regular updates, discuss the options above and provide ongoing advice and support. We are also discussing these options with all our case manager partners and their clients.
If you are making a new enquiry, please still get in touch as we can offer free advice over the phone and can discuss physio rehab and treatment plans for the future.
For all enquiries, please contact Physio Matters on 0161 681 6887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All calls and emails are being monitored daily and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.
Physio Matters Neurological Ltd.